Until the discovery of this one jacket in 2002, no one in the Elvis world even knew EPE licensed a jacket in 1956. Thus far, this is the only one of these known to exist. Heritage Auctions put it on the auction block in Memphis.
(Source: For Elvis CD Collectors)
The DVD set “The True Story Of Elvis Presley” was re-issued in Europe. (region code 2).
The 4 DVD set “Eternally Elvis – From Tupelo To Las Vegas” was released.
Elvis Presley Enterprises Inc. and Memphis award-winning newspaper, The Commercial Appeal, released the book “Elvis Presley’s Memphis“. Both entities have opened their significant archives and discovered photographs, documents and news stories that share Memphis through the eyes of the King of Rock n Roll. This 160 pages hard-bound, full color, collector s book, published by Pediment Publishing, contains photos, reproductions of articles and more.
Jat Publishing published the photo book, “Elvis On Tour” to coincide with the Elvis On Tour DVD and Blu-ray releases. This hardback edition contains over 130 pages and feature over 250 photographs, color and black & white.
Italian remixer and producer Spankox did a remix using Elvis Presley’s “Fever”; this time he also added an additional rap to the track. The song was released on his Everness label and available through iTunes.
Elvis on Tour, Noted Golden Globe-Winning Documentary, Debuts August 3 in Newly-Restored and Remastered Blu-ray and DVD Versions from Warner Home Video.
Elvis on Tour, the Golden Globe-winning documentary that followed Elvis on a 15-city tour of the United States in 1972, will make its debut August 3 in newly-restored and remastered Blu-ray and DVD versions from Warner Home Video.
Elvis on Tour, considered to be Presley’s last film before his death in 1977, was described by Variety in their review as “a bright, entertaining pop music documentary detailing episodes in the later professional life of Elvis Presley, the pioneer Pied Piper of rock music.” The film was written and directed by Robert Abel and Pierre Adidge, and the cinematographer was Lucien Ballard. Songs included “See See Rider,” “Proud Mary,” “Burning Love,” “Don’t Be Cruel,” “Teddy Bear,” “Hound Dog,” “Can’t Help Falling in Love with You,” “Love Me Tender,” “All Shook Up,” “Suspicious Minds,” “Heartbreak Hotel,” “Are You Lonesome Tonight” and more.
Some of the highlights of the new versions:
- Remastered in High Definition with 16 x 9 2.40 letterboxed image, as seen in the theatrical release.
- Blu-ray audio will be DTS-HD Master Audio (5.1 Surround); DVD audio will be Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround.
- Packaged as a Blu-ray book filled with Elvis photos, quotes, trivia, a tour itinerary, set lists, costumes, and background information about the filming techniques used.
- 25 musical numbers spotlight Elvis Presley’s talent, range and showmanship in captivating on-stage performances and intimate backstage rehearsals with his band.
- Contains Elvis’ first performance of “Burning Love,” which was so new, Elvis referred to the lyric sheet during his performance.
- Elvis’ Ed Sullivan Show performance is included, in which the charm, personality and musical ability that made him an icon is so evident.
- Montage sequences (supervised by Martin Scorsese) showcasing Elvis’ early career and movies.
These are the previews of the packages: